- Got a part time job,
- Got a full time job,
- Learned lambda calculus and LISP,
- Wrote a programming language and a compiler,
- Learned to sing,
- Sang on stage,
- Held some more Robot Wars competitions,
- Handed over the society to next year's president,
- Put together a tender bid for work,
- Won the contract,
- Bought and built a new computer,
- Set up a home file server and uPnP media server,
- Accidentally erased my MFT and boot sector,
- Managed to restore them,
- Built and programmed a robot for the New Inventors TV Show,
- Appeared on TV,
- Studied for exams,
- Finished university
So yeah. I've been busy. Fortunately, each of these is an excellent story which I hopefully will be able to recount here in the future.
But now that that's out of the way, we can get back to talking about robots.
I've been following the Google AI challenge (http://ai-contest.com/) and I highly suggest you check out the forums. Were it not for the aforementioned points, I would have loved to put an entry in, but as I write this there are only 6 hours left to go for submissions. Ooohhh.... now there's a challenge....
I also wanted to bring your attention to this amazing post. Give it a read while I go beat my head against the wall for even considering giving myself MORE things to do.