Followers

Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Robobob

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Robobob!



You may recall that awhile back I opened my inbox to email suggestions for a good name. I actually intended to draw the name randomly or put up a poll, but once I started calling him Robobob the name sort of just stuck.

So here he is, in all his 16DOF glory standing up to a withering barrage of socks from all directions.

Once again, he has no gyroscope or accelerometer - he is simply using kinematic feedback from his servos to keep himself stable. The algorithm is almost identical to the one I used way back in this post - but he can now withstand attacks from all directions.

You may notice that he always moves with the force that he is being subjected to. This is the same way that humans usually react - recoiling from a blow or a source of pain. I think it gives him a bit of a personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment